I like a bit of neutral before it's all gone...

Wednesday 27 October 2010

what's taking my fancy right now...

<3
Hello Lovelies!
I wanted to share with you a few of the products I'm loving right now and seem to gravitate towards in the mornings.
Let me know if you've tried any of these or have a special favourite this month!
:)




cheeks
  1.  MAC 'Pinch o' Peach' (sheertone blush)- gorgeous natural flush with no shimmer or sparkle and so easy to wear! 
  2. Benfit's 'Thrrob' blusher-this is a much paler and cooler-toned pink to the MAC blush and really compliments fairer skin. I use it to emphasise cheek bone highlighting because it does have a small amount of noticeable glitter particles.
  3. face
  4. Clinique Superbalanced foundation in Alabaster-this foundation doesn't dry out my skin and has pretty good staying power for me. I find appliacation easy with our without a brush and the finish is healthy and dewy without shine.


  5. MAC select moisture cover concealer in NW20-I have loved this concealer since I got it from the MAC in Westfield. Although the help wasn't 'great', the MUA matched me up with the colour NW25. It is slightly darker than my skin tone, however NW15 would have been too light and I primarliy use this just for under my eyes. It works great at evening out my dark circles and moisturising the area, decreasing puffiness!

    eyes
  6. MAC eyekhol in 'phone number'-for those of you wanting a softer black but don't want to opt for brown, this is the eye liner for you! In the swatches which I'll include at the end you will see the difference betweena black eyeliner and 'phone number'. I find that this has pretty good staying power on the upper lashline and just softly defines the water and tight lines although doesn't stay for hours on end- for me this isn't a problem as I don't often wear liner.
  7. BadGal pencil in 'black
    '
    - In a different way to 'phone number', badgal is a very thick liner which I love to used as a black base best. It is so easily blended and lovely to work with. Whether you want an intense black or messy sheared out smudge, badgal will work for you.

  8. Badgal lash mascara in 'plum'- I was bought this as a gift recently, and granted I would have prefered the black version (which have owned many of!). However I have made this work for me as the formula is just as a-maz-ing as the black badgal lash. So what I have done often is coat my lashes with this plum beauty and lightly gone over with a nondescript mascara or my 'sexy curves'. This tones done the brightness but still gives a warmth to my face which is less harsh than blunt black lash.


  9. Sleek Storm e/s palette- for those of you who love the neutrals, this is the sleek palette for you! The more plum colours and navy can be really wearable for day and night when you use them with the more natural shades. Absolutely love the pigmentation of the e/s and although there is a little fall-down- for this price, it's amazing : )

    p.s. excuse my palette being in a pretty sorry state! I took it on holiday and the
    black e/s broke off a bit, maybe I should take more care...
    lips

    Hollister lipgloss in Vanilla
    -another present to have made its way in to the favourites, my friends must have good taste! It is kinda wierd though, that Hollister would have a lipgloss- but they have loads! There are so many different colours with corresponding flavours and what makes this gloss good for me is the yummy flavour. This tastes goodenough to eat. Literally. Not an offensive gloss either- not too sticky, but sticky enough : )





    *miscellaneous things I'm loving...*
    *the tv programmes I'm loving- Strictly, X factor, The only way is Essex(shut up! ahaa)*
    *the song I'm loving- 'Hollywood' Michael Buble (swoooon)*


    -Hattie
    xxxx

8 comments:

  1. i love the mac concealer. i used to swear by the origins one but they discontinued it =( this has been my favourite ever since!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah love your favourites! the mac blush looks really nice, you should deffo do more posts like this:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @*Starsglittermagic*- ah that's never good when a favourite is discontinued! Thankfully you found a replacement :) x

    @Irene-glad you liked it :) The blush is lovely, never really understood why it is called pinch o' peach though- not that peachy on me! hahaa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Clinique foundation! Best one i've ever used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Victoria India- lovley aren't they, pretty good colour match for me too. It does make me slightly sad that the name is 'Alabaster' though! ahaa x

    @Georgia-I'm with you on that one! I seem to own the majority of the counter :| It's a very pretty and enjoyable problem... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried any of this stuff, but am v.intrigued by the MAC blusher - I'm in dire need of a new fancy one (just got paid ;)), so may be checking this out! Great reviews x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Emma-I definitely recommend it, beautiful to tone down shimmer on your eyes or lips! I hope you're not bad like me when it comes to being paid- I spend my money in my head 20 times over!! ahaa xx

    ReplyDelete