I like a bit of neutral before it's all gone...

Saturday 21 August 2010

INs and OUTs numero uno!

I've decided to blog my INs and OUTs every so often- be it beauty related or otherwise!

enjoy :)

IN

Ballerina buns

I am absolutely loving whipping my hair up in a fairly high, messy yet perfectly formed bun. I have always done so to wash my face and apply make-up, but reccently I have got it down and leave it as it is for the rest of the day. No fuss!


Bargains!

Ok granted, these will never appear in any 'out' list. However I have found some pretty good baragins reccently. Take for example a pair of quality leggings from 'White Stuff' originally £20 reduced to £5- yes please! Try rummaging around in your nearest 'Miss Selfridge' sale rack- picked up some bargains there too.


Sensible returns

Yes that one shouldered grey number was gorgeous, but I had nowhere to wear it. Yes that ruched cropped sleeved black blazer fits perfectly and I will wear it nearly everyday to school! (Back to school wear post to come!) So what I'm trying to say is that being a savvy consumer and purchasing good quality items you know you will wear rather than a possible dress to wear if I go to a [enter event here] is in!



*********************************************************************


OUT

Summer (what summer?)

For me, summer is out. Ok so for us in the UK it never was really in. I had a glorious two weeks in France, but I am now ready to welcome autumn/winter with open arms! Firstly I far prefer winter clothes to summer as they flatter my body and are more in my colour range. Secondly I don't want to have to pretend that this grey, rainy, can't-make-up-it's-mind weather is meant to be summmer... No bitterness intended.



Exam result jitters

This week I got my the results of the two As exams I took. (My school has this silly fast tracking scheme- not the best idea if you ask me!) Luckily I did well and I'm pleased with my results! However the nervous butterflies were not very welcome and I hope they don't return with similar intensity on tuesday when I get my GCSE results! I swear I didn't get such nerves actually taking the exams themselves. But after tuesday I will have no worries- not until next year anyway...


Season Finales

I am a bit of a 'car crash tv' sucker and am not afraid to admit my undying love for shows such as 'The Hills', 'The City' and all Kardashian related documentaries... You can imagine my despair at the season finales of both 'The Hills' and 'The City- especially as there will be no more Brody, Lo or Audrina in my life! Atleast I have the new season to look forward to.
Oh but The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing start soon :D


What are you loving and hating at the moment, I'd love to know :)

-Hattie xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment