I like a bit of neutral before it's all gone...

Friday 13 August 2010

5 quick tricks to clearer skin!

Who doesn't want clearer skin right!? I've compiled a list a five simple ways to brighten your face and prevent break outs or heavy duty dryness without having to buy any new products!
  1. Clean hands!
    -
    I know it seems pretty obvious, but if you make sure your hands are clean and sanitized after eating any sort of greasy foods or just grubby activities then you will be able to prevent any unnecessary breakouts caused by you casually touching your face.
    If you keep a mini hand sanitizer bottle in your bag then this will be a lot easier than trying to find a sink and soap where ever you may be!


  2. Wash your hair at night.
    -Personally I pretty much always wash my hair and take a shower before bed at night. For some reason my hair is far much more manageable if I do it this way! However if you too can adjust to nightime washing, I wouldn't be suprised if you notice a change in the clarity of your skin. This is because you will nolonger have oily/dirty hair over your face while you sleep meaning that the natural oils of your hair won't be absorbed into your face resulting in spots.

    If it is too much hassle to was your hair before bed or this doesn't work for you, simply tie your hair up making sure it doesn't touch your face while you sleep. This way you aren't allowing the oils in your hair to make it's way into your pores-yum!


  3. Drink plenty of water!
    -Yes yes you've heard it all before, so have I! This honestly is one of the best pieces of advice I have ever been given and put inton action!

    Not only does the reccomended 5-8 glasses of water a day wake you up and boost your energy, it does wonders for your skin. Water flushes out the nasty toxins in your body leaving you with radiant and hydrated skin. Water also helps reduce redness and puffiness.


  4. Get the most out of your moisturiser...
    -It goes without saying that you should be using a moisturizer on your face atleast once if not twice a day. Even if you have oily skin it is likely that areas of your skin still need to be moisturized.


    To make your moisturizer work even better on your skin, I find that if you wet your face with a wet flannel it helps lock in as much moisture as possible. This is especially good for those of you with very dry skin- it certainly help me combat my dry skin! :)


  5. Wake up those dark circles!
    -Within the first fifteen minutes of waking up, use a cold compress on your dark circles and apply gentle pressure. Simply saturise cotton pads with water and hold in place for around 15-30 secconds.


    Not only does this help reduce puffiness and dark circles, but it is a great refreshing and rejuvenating start to the day!



I hope some of these tips and tricks are helpful to you all- let me know if you have anymore simple ways to get better skin or if you have tried any of these methods!
Have a lovely day :)


-Hattie x

3 comments:

  1. Great post :) Some really helpful tips!!
    I always wash my hair before bed, only because I'm too lazy to dry it in the morning haha :)
    - Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wash my hair in the morning either, it's so frizzy!

    ReplyDelete